We have a 1938 Wurlitzer Spinnet that was given to us by our friends Steve and Amanda

We set about cleaning it up a bit.

SIMG2506.jpg
Here you can see the difference polishing the brass makes...

SIMG2510.jpg
We sanded the worn and peeling paint and refinished it with a color we imagine is similar to the original. This is just prior to painting it.

SIMG2511.jpg

SIMG2512.jpg
Here you can see it painted and starting to really shine.

SIMG2513.jpg
We took all of the keys out and cleaned them and replaced the rocker washers and leveled them as best we could.

SIMG2514.jpg

SIMG2515.jpg

SIMG2516.jpg

SIMG2517.jpg

SIMG2518.jpg



SIMG2519.jpg
...more painting...
This piece was particularily difficult to clean and paint. We made a small moulding for it to help cover where the naugahyde was buckling and peeling.

SIMG2520.jpg

SIMG2521_rot90.jpg